Modelli innovativi per la formazione delle nuove generazioni
The employment rate in the digital sector is seven times greater than all other sectors, but companies still have problems finding the skills they require on the job market. In Italy, there are over 20,000 empty posts for advanced technological profiles.
Project “Crack the Code,” promoted by the Fondazione Mondo Digitale and Microsoft as part of the YouthSpark Programme, aims to provide innovative digital education models in school that will prepare the future generations to successfully face the employment challenge.
- Use coding activities to provide innovative educational models that can be adopted and developed by teachers;
- Introduce young men and women to technical-scientific subjects and the basics of computer programming;
- Help students to develop transversal skills such as team building, problem solving and leadership abilities
- Increase the chance of employment by providing youth with the opportunity to attend technological labs and develop project ideas through hackathons;
- Promote the ideas of students and teachers on the web and at events.
8000 students aged 6-19 and 200 first and second degree teachers in at least three Italian Regions: Lombardy, Lazio and Campania.
Activities are basic, intermediate and advanced, based on the age of the participants. Teachers are trained with the “Train the Trainers” Method.
The labs are held in schools, but also in technological environments at the Phyrtual Innovation Gym.