Ambizione Italia per la cybersecurity course
The course aims to illustrate the basics of the world of cyber security for all citizens who have the need and curiosity to learn how to protect themselves in cyber space.
- Introduction to the concept of computer security
- Authentication and access control
- Software and web application security
- Network security
- Malicious software
- Cybersecurity in the world of work
- The topics we will cover
1. Introduction to the concept of computer security:
Fundamental principles of cybersecurity,
types of attackers and targets, CIA (Confidentiality, Integrity, Availability), cost of security.
2. Cryptography, authentication and access control:
What encryption is and what it is used for.
Understand the difference between authentication and identification,
address the main issues underlying authentication mechanisms (to know, to have, to be).
3. IT systems security:
What is meant by IT systems,
types of attacks: phishing, data breach.
4. Network security
Introduction to what a network is,
main vulnerabilities and threats: malware, DDoS, MITM, countermeasures
5. IoT systems and mobile devices threats
What are IoT devices,
attacks and effects.
6. OSINT and cybersecurity in the business world
introduction to open source intelligence.
The role of cyber security in the company.
Trainer: Martina Nobili, University Campus Bio-Medico of Rome