An integrated, local and on-line educational platform: high impact and inclusive. The project is one of the winners of the Google.org Impact Challenge on Security, a fund that helps non-profit organisations to develop practical solutions to contrast hate and extremism and promotes the safety of children, both on- and off-line.
The objective of the Fondazione Mondo Digitale and partner organisations – Comunità di Sant'Egidio, ActionAid and Parole O_stili – is to create the first phyrtual (physical and virtual) educational ecosystem of connections, relations, communities. A safe space for everyone, starting from children with concrete tools for each age group, information and the selection of the best communicational and behavioural styles to learn in a transformative manner and develop new paradigms for coexistence based on common values. The project aims to provide awareness and knowledge, promoting a conscientious use of the internet and digital citizenship.
- 32,000 individuals reached by phyrtual activities, including students, teachers, parents, vulnerable young men and women, and local communities
- 250,000 individuals reached by digital tools and awareness-raising campaigns.
School years 2020-21 and 2021-22
The educational environment helps individuals to acquire digital and strategic skills, as well as a new cultural paradigm based on attention, respect and exchange. It helps to:
- Develop positive digital civic behaviour
- Recognise and avoid on-line dangers
- Learn about opportunities on-line
- Distinguish true and false information
- Develop an aware presence on-line
- Search for information and content
- Evaluate data, information and content
- Run 50 national hubs operating as true educational agencies and a social hub for vulnerable youth in Rome.
- Interactive activities, labs and innovative events for minors (6-17 anni), teachers, parents, local communities and fragile individuals. The modules can be organized into courses to satisfy the various different educational needs and civic education objectives for digital citizenship (Bill N. 92, August 20, 2019)
- Issues and Modules: digital activism and participation, bullying, digital citizenship, awareness, non-hostile communication, on-line culture, respectfulness of differences, fake news and correct information, digital inclusion and integration, safe browsing, digital solidarity and volunteering.
- Development of original and attractive, free digital tools providing immersive learning experiences for all ages: an on-line platform with educational activities and content, digital rooms, apps to help children visualize emotions and weigh their words, an augmented reality prototype for fact-checking or an AI device for measuring hostile language.
- Communication and marketing campaign.
The project has undersigned the “Repubblica Digitale” Manifesto.