Inauguration today in Tufello with the Divine Comedy in VR.
Experts of the #mapparoma project calculate the social hardship index on the basis of unemployment, employment, youth concentration and schooling. With respect to this indicator, the Tufello area (urban planning zone 4I) is amongst the areas of Rome with the highest discomfort at 7.14, also considering that the Roman average is 0. Tufello, in Rome’s “Municipio III” is part of the so-called "city of hardship".
This is where we decided to create one of the seven Innovation Gyms envisaged by Programme Smart & Heart Rome, with the support of the Digital Transformation Department of Rome, to provide citizens with new opportunities for growth and development, starting from school.
Today, from 10 to 12, an extended Innovation Gym will be inaugurated at the Maria Montessori comprehensive institute on via Monte Ruggero 39. Students will learn to give shape to their ideas through digital manufacturing and rapid prototyping and discover the masterpieces of art and literature with engaging and immersive experiences. One of the spaces set up in the new Innovation Gym hosts a corner dedicated to mixed reality, thanks to our collaboration with Rai Cinema. With Meta's Quest 2 viewers, pupils can immerse themselves in the worlds narrated by literature, starting with Dante's Divine Comedy, a symbol of our country's linguistic-cultural identity, and then explore new educational contents in the selection curated by Rai Cinema [see: National Dante Day in Rome’s Suburbs].
Speakers (in alphabetical order):
- Lucia Borgonzoni, Undersecretary of State, Ministry of Culture
- Angela Gallo, School Administrator, IC Maria Montessori
- Maria Gemelli, School Administrator, ITCG Carlo Matteucci
- Paolo Emilio Marchionne, President, Municipio III, Roma Capitale
- Mirta Michilli, Director General, Fondazione Mondo Digitale
- Alfonso Molina, Personal Chair in Technology Strategy, University of Edinburgh, and Scientific Director, Fondazione Mondo Digitale
- Giovanni Organtini, Professor, Department of Physics, Sapienza University of Rome
- Claudia Pratelli, School, Training, and Labour Councillor, , Roma Capitale
- Carlo Rodomonti, Strategic and Digital Marketing, Rai Cinema